Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help choosing a monitor

• Please log in to reply

Xae014

Xae014

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My old monitor Flatron f700p died 2 days ago so now i started looking for a replacement.
After checking my options i found 2 monitors:
1.Samsung 206BW 20'' LCD 2ms DVI WideScreen
2.LG L206WTQ 20'' LCD 2ms DVI WideScreen

____________________LG L206WTQ__________Samsung 206BW
Maximum resolution:___1680 x 1050__________________1680x1050
Brightness:___________300 nits_____________________300 cd/§³
Contrast ratio:_________3000:1 _____________________3000:1 [in some sites "800:1 (DCR 3000:1)"]
Response time:_________2ms________________________2(GTG)
Pixel pitch:_________0.258 x 0.258_________________0.258 x 0.258
Viewing angle:_______170 / 170 _____________________160 / 160
Scanning frequencies:__83 kHz/75 Hz________________81 kHz/75 Hz

Samsung 206BW: got good revies on the net also had a bit of a problem with the A/S versions
( A/S deal http://www.behardwar...he-verdict.html )
LG L206WTQ: had no revies and none seems to have this one

I use my monitor for: Games,Videos,Work... in that order so im looking for something that can handle games at good quality without ghosting dealys and other things

needless to mention I am new to this so if anyone has any info or anything that can help me ill thank you with all my heart :whistling:

Edited by Xae014, 03 August 2007 - 10:04 AM.

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
I looked between the two similar monitors (22" instead of 20").
Spec wise LG is better, but I ended up buying the two Samsung 206BW as when I saw a side by side comparison, the color felt warmer and looked more realistic, however LG may have been on the down side of things because there were multiple monitors hooked up to on output or video deterioration the quality of the image. Also another contributing factor was the fact that that the samsung was 30$ cheaper as there was a sale which kinda forced me going that route since I was buying two.
One key thing that I found I don't like about the samsung though as I have used it a bit is that there is no tilt on it, which is one thing I find fustrating as my monitor sits lower then my head and I'd like it to tilt upwards a bit.
Neither one of these monitors will show ghosting problems.
James