Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with game install

• Please log in to reply

stillbaddad

stillbaddad

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hello,
Please help me. I bought Brothers in Arms Earned in Blood. I have tried to put it on my system but it will not boot up automatically.
I have tried opening Explore, and found the Install Icon. However when i try to install, a screen comes up and tells me that a game is trying to install, i select the ALLOW section of the warning, but nothing happens.
Other ganes go in no problems.
I have put the game on my lap top successfully, that is running on XP Home Edition, and it plays OK, but i need my laptop for working not playing.

I am Running Vista Ultimate. on tyhis system and everything runs smoothly with absolutely no problems whatsoever. (I like the Vista Pack.)

I can only conclude that Vista has a problem with certain games.

Shaun

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
It would be more accurate to say that some games have problems with vista. ubisoft only supports this game for windows 2000 and xp only. you can try right clicking on the install and select "run as administrator" and see if that helps. If that doesn't then try running the install in compatability mode (right click on install.exe and select properties).

There is supposed to be a application compatablity pack released next tuesday as part of microsoft's monthly patch day. That also may help. If all else fails you can try disabling User Account Control by going into the security center (via control panel). Some older software has issues with UAC.

stillbaddad

stillbaddad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Many thanks for that i will try your method, and hope it works.

Shaun