Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Music organizer (no mp3's, just names)

• Please log in to reply

EMDF

EMDF

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
I want to write a program that will read a list of songs and organize them. I'm not sure whether it would be better to do this by reading/writing a text file or a database file...

I want to use a database for this, but Im not sure whether VB.NET or C++ will be able to handle it better (I don't want to use the wizard for either of these)

basically, the program will open a file that will contain song/artist names, the category it's in (it will probably be user-inputted, so that people can say "I want to download SONG by ARTIST because it was featured in VIDEO GAME TITLE", and they can select that video game title as their category for the song, so if they forget why they wanted to download it, it wouldn't be listed under hip-hop and confuse them.

My guess will be that VB.Net would be the better way to go for making the gui, but C++ would be better for getting the database to work.

I have Visual Studio .NET 2003, so if it's possible to mix C++ and VB.NET in that version, please let me know how.

the reason I want to do this is that I have many songs I want to download, and I have many text files with the song info, but one category per text file. this gets annoying, and I wanted to create this program to help me out. If this is against any rules, terms, or laws, let me know and I'll discontinue it immediately . I'm mostly doing this for myself.

Thanks in advance! :whistling:
-EMDF

Advertisements