Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Press F4 To Continue

• Please log in to reply

tubui

tubui

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
Hi all.. This isn't really a huge problem but it is just annoying because I have to click F4 to continue my boot up everytime..

Recently, I updated my motherboard D865GBF BIOS and then it couldn't find my harddrive, so I cleared the CMOS by taking the battery out and putting it back in.. Then everything works fine, but the menu comes where you have to press F4 to continue..

It says like

Fixed Harddrive:WDC, etc (shows my HD)

But my harddrive is fine, its not dying, its been fine before the update and after the update.

Is there anyway I can just remove the menu where it makes me press F4? I did it before on another motherboard but I forgot...

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi there

Try this....
go into the Bios setup & look for the SMART settings - normally in the Advanced Menu->Drive Configuration -> SMART capability. Set this to DISABLED.
If it's not there, try the Advanced Menu -> Boot Configuration -> HDD Self Diagnostic setting. Change this to DISABLED.

Save the changes & exit the bios. On reboot, the F4 message should hopefully stop appearing.