Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

What does your ideal computer look like

• Please log in to reply

Ojoshiro

Ojoshiro

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
The year is 2005. In sci-fi books by now we would have flying cars, a base on the moon, antigrav skateboards and computers which either fit inside your skull and are wired into your own bioware, or they sit in towers and govern the world.

What do you think a computer should look like anno 2005? What does your coolest computer look like?

Ojo.

Advertisements

Ojoshiro

Ojoshiro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
I think the PDA's are going in the right direction. The virtual keyboard was a good idea. Too bad it's still not readily available. A screen like that would be uttergloss.
Alas, everything gets faster and smaller but nothing really seems to change.

The most awesome computer ( a setup I loved from the moment I saw it ) is the tangle and clutter of the lotek headquarters in the movie Johnny Mnemonic ( without dolphins ) I'd love to pull out a cable somewhere, slap it into a card and have some new hardware working. ( Computers at my place miss all panels, but I don't have cabletrees spanning my hobbyroom yet )

Has anyone ever seen a "Frankenstein" style casemod? I'd love that!

Best computer in a movie: HAL2000 ( not the Home Automated Living thing. Although I'd piss myself if someone who runs that got to hear at the front door "I'm sorry Dave, but I can't do that" :tazz: )

Ojoshiro

Ojoshiro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
now why did I put this in games? It was intended to go off-topic. Hmm.