Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Firefox isn't what it's cut out to be...

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Well to start off, in the past I have used Netscape 7.2 and always complained to people about it's problems and everyone referred me to FireFox. I finally gave in and as soon as I got it I was amazed at how well it worked. That went downhill.

Okay FireFox isn't THAT bad but it uses Memory Usage levels higher than any other program opened up on my system, using around 105,000+. Anyway, my problem is that sometimes when I have multiple (around 4 or so) tabs open, Firefox will hang when I try to switch tabs. I will click another tab from the one I am at and it will not budge, so I will minimize it and it will (ONLY SOMETIMES) unfreeze itself and go to the tab that I wanted it to go to. Other than that I really don't have many other problems except that it isn't that fast.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Memory usage can be a strange one because the amount of memory used depends on what you're doing with the browser. If you spend a lot of time opening various sites that use weird and wonderful plug-ins, of course they will push the memory usage up. Same thing will happen with Internet Explorer and Opera.

Your problems with tabs and switching can be caused by profile problems, extension problems or other hardware or even Windows issues.