Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer restarts when AOL loads

• Please log in to reply

Sunderidot

Sunderidot

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Okay, my other computer (an XP) has AOL. When attempting to run AOL, my computer restarts itself. When rebooting, it says something about "Diskette drive 0 seek failure." Then it goes to a screen where it has different was to start the computer (normally, last known good settings, safe mode, etc). Only the "Last known good settings" option will allow my pc to boot fully. If I try to run AOL again, it does the same thing over again. I dont know if this relates to the restarting issue or not, but AOL spyware detects command services about ever 15 minutes. I have scanned many times with different spyware scanners, and removed what I have found, but none are command services like AOL finds. Is there anything that I might do to fix this? Thank you!

Advertisements