Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Slight problem with new computer

• Please log in to reply

MgmXT

MgmXT

• Pip
  • 7 posts
hi, i just built a new computer, and everything seems to be working except i cannot get my microphone to work. This new computer is a Intel Q6600 2.40gHz Processor, 1044RAM @ 667mhZ, 200GB HD, Intel DP35DPM Intel Socket 775 ATX Motherboard, Asus 8600GTS 256mb G-card, onboard soundcard. The sound works just fine, but i cannot seem to get my microphone to work, i have tried playing around with the volume controls, but nothing i do seems to get the microphone to work. There seems to be like 3 settings in the volume control however when i go to properties. There is: SigmaTel Audio 1, SigmaTel Audio 2, and ASUSTeK Audio Capture Filter.

SigmaTel Audio 1 has Playback/Recording settings:
Playback Displays:
Volume Control
Wave
CD Player
Inputer Monitor

Recording Displays:
Stereo Mix
Line In
Microphone
Rear Mic

SigmaTel Audio 2 has Playback/Recording settings:
Playback Displays:
Volume Control
Wave
SW Synth
CD Player

Recording Displays:
Line In
Microphone
Rear Mic

ASUSTeK Audio Capture Filter only has a Recording setting, but there's no checkboxes like the others. I don't know why my mic doesn't work, i have it connected to the front ports where the headphones and mic jack goes, and the headphones work fine. If somebody could maybe give me some ideas to tryout or answer my problem, that would be awesome. Thanks guyz :whistling:.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Try the 'mic in' port at the back of the PC where the actual on-board sound-chip is located.

Edited by pip22, 05 August 2007 - 03:15 AM.

MgmXT

MgmXT

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
yup, works now thank you =D.