Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connecting GameCube to my laptop

• Please log in to reply

zoltain

zoltain

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Hi. I'm trying to connect my Gamecube to my laptop so that i can use my laptop as a monitor. I have a Sony Vaio VGN-FS660 Laptop with an external dock. on the dock there is a Video-in and L-R Audio in (the yellow red and white connection). When i plug in the gamecube wire into them the sound comes on immediately but the screen looks the same. I am unable to get the video of the Gamecube to show on my laptop screen. Thnx so much for helpin and i hope this is the correct place to post my question.

The dock also has an s-video in which i do not have the cord to connect my gamecube into that slot but if i need to use the s-video slot for it to work, i will purchase the cord.

Here is the dock that i have http://www.bhphotovi...ies_TV_PVR.html

THnx again for the help.

Edited by zoltain, 04 August 2007 - 12:05 PM.

Advertisements

onedoller

onedoller

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
Hello. It would be nice if you could try the s-video cord, but there would be no guarntee it would work. There is something called and Adaptec gamebridge that you can find on eBay, that should probably work for you gamecube. Hope this helps you solve your problem! :whistling:

zoltain

zoltain

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
shouldnt my dock take care of that?