Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Missing dll

• Please log in to reply

jan-g

jan-g

• Pip
  • 2 posts
On re booting my computer i got an error message "iertutil.dll missing" it boots up lets me log in then nothing no toolbars no desktop icons etc. I have tried safe mode and still the same nothing loading, i have also tried last known best configuration. I did download the missing dll from my laptop and put it onto disc but the disc will not run either. What can i do ?

Advertisements

Kniht

Kniht

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Did you place the iertutil.dll in the System32 folder?

When you boot and it allows you to login to a blank screen, try holding down alt-ctrl and then press delete to bring up Task Manager.

If you can get to Task Manager, click on the Applications tab, select "New" and type in explorer.exe, click OK

jan-g

jan-g

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
:whistling: have not managed to work out how to save it to system folder. yes i have had task manager up and done the explorer.exe thing and nothing..