Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call of Duty 2 invisible germans

• Please log in to reply

link590o

link590o

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have no idea What the... happened, but just today I loaded up my Call of Duty 2 game and selected a mission, and I noticed that some germans had missing faces, limbs, guns, or were completely invisible altogether. Any idea what caused this or how to fix it? I'd appreciate the help.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
reboot the pc and try again. if it still happens
1)reinstall video drivers
2)if you play online, cleanup your custom maps and mods
3)reinstall the game. Make sure your patched to 1.3

link590o

link590o

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
well in the meantime i figured out what was doing it. it turned out that a multiplayer clan had me download something just so i could get into the room, and it modified my game, profile, everything. and it started messing with my graphics. suddenly people started going invisible and blood spatters became more pronounced.

i had to go as far as to delete every Activision file after a system restore, including the registry entry, and then reinstall just to get it to shutup and obey. but i got it working.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
thats what I thought. Good modders/clans put all of their "mods" into a separate folder. Many don't take the time to do that and ends up causing all kinds of conflicts.

link590o

link590o

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
yeah well..i wish i would've known that. the least these "good" modders or clans can do is try to at least make their mods work WITHOUT causing conflicts somewhere else. i mean yeah sure, a nice blood spatter when you headshot someone can be satisfying, but it shouldn't mess with the rest of the dang program.

this is why i hate online multiplayers sometimes. because of ridiculous little things like that which cause me unnecessary trouble. i had reinstall my game 3 times before i went all out. and each install ate at least half an hour of my time. not to mention loading up the mission where i saw the trouble took as much time.

the easy way to avoid it is don't play online...but [bleep]...who can avoid it? you get bored, you go play...

it makes you wanna hate your life...

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
try playing here: 72.51.60.95:28960

normally full in the afternoon/evenings. I think you would like it.