Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP Pavillion dv4000 - screen issue

• Please log in to reply

exparisstevie

exparisstevie

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Hi Guys,

I've come to use one of my machines today and whilst all other on board lights are working when powered up and I can hear the drives moving (discs are also read) but I can see nothing on screen (no power) - I've tried plugging in a monitor to see if that would get me anywhere - when I do that, no power is going to that screen either.....

Any advice anyone?

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
exparisstevie...

Please accept our apologies for the wholly unprofessional display by two of our members. I'm going to give them this opportunity to return and offer you the assistance you came here for in a more civil manner. Should they choose not to return, it will be my pleasure to assist you.

wannabe1

LiaoGoren

LiaoGoren

• PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
I do regret the actions that were taken. Some members feel it nessary to make things personal when they clearly were not meant to be. I am sorry that you had to see all of those responces and that they turned into a battle of wits. With that said we continue to assist you with your problem....

I stand by my orginal assesment and instructions of going to www.hp.com and you will have to look on the bottom of the laptop for the exact model number (i.e. I have an HP ZE4900, but my model number is ZE4930us) and look up the service manual. Useing it as a guild, follow the instructions exactally and make sure the cables inside are plugged in properly. However since you did try an outside monitor, it may be your internal onboard video card has gone out.

Sorry I cant be of more assistance....

Thats my 2 cents no one ask for~!