Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Want HD DVD But...

• Please log in to reply

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Hello:

I'm questioning the purchase of an X-Box 360 HD DVD Player. I've been interested in them for some time, but kept putting the purchase on the back burner. Recently, however, the price dropped (though only $20) and they are now offering a certificate good for five free HD DVD Movies. If you purchase one with King Kong in the box, you've actually received six free HD DVD Movies! That's great. I've almost convinced myself to get this thing, but now I have a question.

You see, I'm not sure if an HD DVD Player will improve the quality of my movies.

Here is my current set up:

X-Box 360 (set for HD capable of up to 1080i) connected via Component Cables to my Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 400 movie projector (set for HD capable of up to 720p). The weak link, then, is the projector, who is only able to produce video of up to 720p. If I hook an HD DVD Player into my X-Box 360, will my picture improve? I'm worried that my projector is the bottleneck and that my HD DVDs will only play at 720p and look just like my DVDs.

So...will the player make a better picture in my case?

I through a quick little web page together for a buddy of mine who had questions about the projector. Although it's nearly a year old, here is the link so you can get a feel for my current display: Example of Epson Movie Mate 400

Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Magus

Advertisements