Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

system idle procces cpu usage

• Please log in to reply

dotster

dotster

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
My sound stutters and sounds staticy at certain times. I have noticed that my System Idle Process is almost always above 94 percent, if not at a constant 99 and 100. I talked to my friends mom who is going to school for computers, and she said that it might be my sound card, and that the drivers are messed up. I googled my problem, and came up with a similar case here: http://forum.sysinte...s.asp?TID=11347

I really have no idea what to do. I also have 2 hardrives. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Chris

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
The system idle process just does a little "housework" while the CPU is otherwise not busy and marks time rather like soldiers marching in place. The fact that it stays below 90% means that your system isn't very busy and is not a problem in itself.

dotster

dotster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Alright, so that is one less problem that I have to worry about. Thank you. Any ideas on the stuttering audio? I have noticed that it tends to happen when i get spikes in my CPU usage.