Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

59 year old German woman has 55 year old pencil removed from head

• Please log in to reply

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,046 posts
  • MVP
[quote name='http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/08/06/germany.pencil.reut/index.html?eref=rss_latest']BERLIN, Germany (Reuters) -- A 59-year-old German woman has had most of a pencil removed from inside her head after suffering nearly her whole life with the headaches and nosebleeds it caused, Bild newspaper reported on Monday.

Margret Wegner fell over carrying the pencil in her hand when she was four.

"The pencil went right through my skin -- and disappeared into my head," Wegner told the newspaper.

It narrowly missed vital parts of her brain. At the time no one dared operate, but now technology has improved sufficiently for doctors to be able to remove it.

The majority of the pencil, some 8 cm (3.1 inches) long, was taken out in an operation at a private Berlin clinic, but the 2 cm tip had grown in so firmly that it was impossible to remove[/quote]
http://www.cnn.com/2...eref=rss_latest

Advertisements

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts

Margret Wegner fell over carrying the pencil in her hand when she was four.

That’s just crazy..... 55 years walking around with it stuck in her head :blink:

Could have been worse..... It could have been a pair of scissors; I can't tell you how many times my parents told me not to run with scissors in my hand :whistling:

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
Oww, my teacher told us a story about one of her friends with something similiar to this.

She was sitting in a chair, holding the pencil tip facing up. She began to laugh and her face plummiteded straight into the pencil. The tip going into her eye. Never found out how she ened up though.