Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mass Graphics Problems

• Please log in to reply

cHk

cHk

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Hey guys.

Thanks for taking the time to try and assist me, I think I know the problem, but I want a more professional opinion.

Over the past few weeks Ive been having reoccuring problems with graphics in games.

I have also noticed random red/green dots all over my screen that refuse to go away, which can be very frustrating when watching movies etc.

In certain games like world of warcraft, I get mass errors, which are normally fixed slightly when I minimize and maximize the game again. I have taken a screenshot so you can see for yourself what happens. This is just one of the graphical errors I get, the most annoying one.

Posted Image

My computer has sometimes frozen, I think it has something to do with this.

Since the crashing I now have those random dots on desktop as well as videos etc.

I think it has something to do with my graphics card, meaning I must get a new one, but I am no pro. I cant afford one right now and was wondering whether there was some sort of temporary solution to my problem.

Thanks.

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
What is the make and model of your computer or is is custom Built?
What is the make and model of your video card?

cHk

cHk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
My computer is the Dell XPS. Its supposed to be built for gaming.

My GFX Card is GeForce 7900 GS - If thats not the right thing let me know. Thanks

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
What is the full model of your computer?

Have you updated your video drivers.