Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NET Framework question

• Please log in to reply

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
do you need NET Framework version 1.1 or 2 if you have NET Framework 3.0 runtime file installed...

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
yes....the .net frameworks actually run independantly of each other....(as far as my understanding goes)...if a program is designed to work on 1.1 and all you have is 2.0 or 3.0 it won't run...or it won't run correctly...

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
thanks dsenette..I was hoping to NOT have to install the 1.1 and 2.0 versions

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
the reason I was asking is ..I have a client that can't get V 2 to install thru windows updates...try's to install but fails...anyway I found this..
.NET Framework 3.0, formerly called WinFX,[1] includes a new set of managed code APIs that are an integral part of Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 operating systems. It is also available for Windows XP SP2 and Windows Server 2003 as a download. There are no major architectural changes included with this release; .NET Framework 3.0 includes version 2.0 of the Common Language Runtime.[2]

the client is NOT having any problems running any and all of their software...and the system runs fine..I advised them to uncheck that particular update and don't show it again...my rational is...if it's not broke ..don't fix it
what do you think

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

my rational is...if it's not broke ..don't fix it
what do you think

first rule of windows administration