Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Photoshop Help

• Please log in to reply

Mike-pxndx

Mike-pxndx

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
hey there =D
i was taking a look arround myspace and i founf this guy who seems to know a lot of photoshop.
i tried to talk with him but is imposible.
i want to know how to edit a picture.

what should i do so my pic ends up like this one:
Posted Image

THanx a lot!

Advertisements

caeli_

caeli_

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
im not a ps guru but i think that pic didn't need much editing. the guy in the picture most probably took that pic using a webcam, with a white light in front of him so that his face looks bright.

BlackHalo

BlackHalo

• PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
OK,i'm not sure how to get it 100% like that one you showed (if i had a before and after it would have been easier). I've tried fiddling around and come up with a few ways that MAY help, not too sure.

Firstly, try going to image>adjustments>shadows/highlights then set the shadows about midway and the highlights very low. Click OK. Now go to image>adjustmens>hue/saturation and then set the hue and saturation to your liking (when i tried it i set the hue to 22 and saturation to about 11 or 12).

Something else you might try is image>adjustments>exposure and fiddling with those options then also changing the hue/saturation as above.

You could also go to image>adjustments>match colour and fiddle with those options (also followed by the hue/saturation options).

You could then try going to image>adjustments>curves and then choose the preset called 'Cross Process'.

If all else fails you can download an action-colour pack from any of the numerous PS-resource sites (google Photoshop Actions then just search for a colour pack, they are extremely popular). Some of them have some awesome colour-schemes and are easy actions to apply.

Don't know if this helped at all, hope so though.

Edited by BlackHalo, 08 October 2007 - 11:13 AM.