Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Recycle bin has dissapeared

• Please log in to reply

Rayzun

Rayzun

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have Norton system works installed on my Gateway computer. This evening I found that a "One button Touchup" had run, deleting some unneeded register entries and some cookies (I Think). Here is the text of the action:

22 Problems fixed on: 8/6/2007

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The key, "RealPlayer.wvx.6\DefaultIcon," refers to a missing icon, "C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe,1."

Was fixed with the scanner that:

Deletes the invalid Registry entry.

The key, "RealPlayer.wmx.6\DefaultIcon," refers to a missing icon, "C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe,1."

The key, "RealPlayer.wmv.6\DefaultIcon," refers to a missing icon, "C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe,1."

The key, "RealPlayer.wm.6\DefaultIcon," refers to a missing icon, "C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe,1."

The key, "RealPlayer.wax.6\DefaultIcon," refers to a missing icon, "C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe,1."

The key, "RealPlayer.WAV.6\DefaultIcon," refers to a missing icon, "C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe,1."

The key, "RealPlayer.MPEG.6\DefaultIcon," refers to a missing icon, "C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe,1."

The key, "RealPlayer.MPA.6\DefaultIcon," refers to a missing icon, "C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe,1."

The key, "RealPlayer.MP3PL.6\DefaultIcon," refers to a missing icon, "C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe,1."

The key, "RealPlayer.MP3.6\DefaultIcon," refers to a missing icon, "C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe,1."

The key, "RealPlayer.MP2.6\DefaultIcon," refers to a missing icon, "C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe,1."

The key, "RealPlayer.AVI.6\DefaultIcon," refers to a missing icon, "C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe,1."

The key, "RealPlayer.AU.6\DefaultIcon," refers to a missing icon, "C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe,1."

The key, "RealPlayer.AIFF.6\DefaultIcon," refers to a missing icon, "C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe,1."

The key, "RealJukebox.wma.1\DefaultIcon," refers to a missing icon, "C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe,1."

The key, "RealJukebox.CDA.1\DefaultIcon," refers to a missing icon, "C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe,1."

The key, "LiveUpdate.MIDI.6\DefaultIcon," refers to a missing icon, "C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe,1."

The key, "DBC.MPEG.1\DefaultIcon," refers to a missing icon, "C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe,1."

ProgID, "ComPlusMetaData.MsCorHost.2," refers to an invalid ActiveX/COM entry, "{727CDF4F-3BA0-11D3-8738-00C04F79ED0D}."

ProgID, "ComPlusMetaData.MsCorHost," refers to an invalid ActiveX/COM entry, "{727CDF4F-3BA0-11D3-8738-00C04F79ED0D}."

The key, "AtWorkRendering\shell\PrintTo\command," refers to an invalid command entry, "C:\Documents and Settings\Ray\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Mozilla Firefox\updates."

Fixes invalid Registry entry with "C:\Documents and Settings\Ray\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Mozilla Firefox\updates," file version: N/A.

The shortcut C:\DOCUME~1\RAY\Recent\VBG.lnk is invalid.

Reason: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\VBG.TXT cannot be found. The file might have been moved or deleted.

Deletes the invalid shortcut. A new shortcut can be created later if desired.

System works has commandered the Recycle Bin renaming it "Norton's PROTECTED Recycle Bin" They do not include the Go Back function in this package

This has absolutely no folders nor files in it to recycle. I built and deleted a test folder to see where it went. It would appear that it is in LaLa land.

I would restore Windows, but unfortunately my hard drive was reformatted and windows re-installed by a shop without my receiving a copy of the disk since it was on the orginal partition of the hard drive. This had to be done to eliminate a drastically severe infection that was cured by reformating. Would that I knew about this site as it would have saved me much trepidation in correcting the trojan infection.

I have installed the Go-Back function of System Works however it only goes back to the time the function was installed for its "Go-Backness"

Is there any way to regain the recycle bin or am I doomed to live with the current situation with the new Go-Back?

Thanks for any assistance you might be able to garner.

Ray Stout
San Antonio, TX

Edited by Rayzun, 06 August 2007 - 10:02 PM.

Advertisements

Rayzun

Rayzun

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I feel so stupid. There is a configuration function in Properties that allows you to set the RB to standard or otherwise. The rename doesnt change but the bin is back to the original look,. Thanks for the forum to force idiots like me to do some of their own work