Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2 easy questions about xp

• Please log in to reply

Robleh

Robleh

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Hello my first question is: I wanted my xp to start faster so i went to the "msconfig" window and i disabled msn messenger and quicktime on start up, problem is everytime i restart my computer a second time, they're back! is there anyway to stop them from starting?

second question: When i bought my computer, my 40 GB hard drive was already separated in two 20GB: C:\ drive and a D:\ drive, problem is, my C: drive is almost full and the computer gives me warnings that i may run out of space, how do i unlock the D: drive?

Thanks for answering any help will be greatly appreciated!

Advertisements

cmw2010

cmw2010

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
In MSN Messenger , find the options menu, it should be under TOOLS in the menu bar, look for the option to Start when windows starts, and uncheck that option. In Quicktime, look for the Quicktime preferences and remove the checkmark by Install Quicktime icon in the system tray.
What brand of computer do you have? If your D: drive says it is locked then it is a recovery partition that stores the files needed to reinstall Windows and programs.

Robleh

Robleh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
I'm using an Acer notebook, in front of the D: drive, it says ACERDATA and in front of the C: it says just ACER. Does that mean i only have one 20 GB harddrive after all and 40GB?