Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mac Connecting to Network Wirelessly

• Please log in to reply

Tru Techie

Tru Techie

• PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
I can connect to the network with my mac with an ethernet cable no problem, but now im going into university and waht a wireless card. so i got the D-Link DWL-G122. Found the RT73W USB utility/driver for the Mac OS X 10.4, installed it. The utility detects my card, and detects the network i want to connect to. so I connect to the network with the WEP key, after about 20 seconds, it disconnects, and thats all it does. i know the network isnt the problem because i also connected to some other local networks that dont have a key and the same thing happened, connected, then disconnects completely. I really need to get this working quickly, can anyone PLEASE help?

Advertisements