Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Headset

• Please log in to reply

Jusazn

Jusazn

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I have a Logitech Gaming Headset, used for games :whistling: Which is the one right here http://www.ebgames.c...oduct_id=880828
Ok... Well heres the problem, my computer isn't responsive to ANY microphone. The hearing works but the speaking doesn't. Then i found that out, i brought it to a laptop, connected it. and it worked fine. I need to know how to make it work on my computer. Please Help me out

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi Jusazn, welcome to Geeks to Go!

I'm assuming that the laptop is a different computer, so you have found out that the headset does work, just not on your computer. Right?

Open your Start menu > Control Panel (or Settings > Control Panel) > Sounds and Audio Devices. Under the "Device Volume" heading, click the "Advanced" button. Make sure the microphone mute button is unchecked and slide the volume up.

If it does seem to be working, but sounds really quiet, try this - on the Options menu bar, make sure "Advanced Controls" has a tick next to it. Select the Advanced button under Microphone, and tick the "Mic Boost" button.

If none of this works, from the desktop, right-click "My Computer" and select Manage. Click on the Device Manager, and let me know if your computer has any question marks or exclamation marks next to an item (in particular, audio devices).

Cheers :whistling:

Jusazn

Jusazn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Thanks,

But it still doesn't work... There are no Question/exclamation marks, and ive already tried the unchecking. None of it works

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling your audio drivers?

Jusazn

Jusazn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Yup

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Does that include the latest drivers, downloaded from the manufacturer's website?

Jusazn

Jusazn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Yes... i have a built in Microphone/Speaker Jack. Like in the Motherboard... The Realtek AC97 Thing

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
If you open "Sound Effect Manager" in the control panel, does it properly identify you have a microphone in the correct port under the "Connector Sensing" tab?

Jusazn

Jusazn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
There is no Sound Effect Manager

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
That's weird, usually the Realtek AC'97 install will add this to your control panel. Can you please post your soundcard make and model (or motherboard if you have onboard audio)?

Advertisements

Jusazn

Jusazn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I have an Onboard Audio :whistling:

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
What's the make/model of your motherboard? How old is it?

Jusazn

Jusazn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Well... I had this motherboard since ive had this computer... around a year ago. and the motherboard i have is the azrock dual channel 775i65g

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Okay, can you confirm you have updated to the latest audio drivers on this link:

http://www.asrock.co...p?Model=775i65G

The release date is 20th April, 2005. It also says you have the C-Media AC'97, not the Realtek. I have had issues with C-Media onboard audio before that I was unable to resolve, so I just added a quality-brand sound card to fix it.

Jusazn

Jusazn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
So... My bad! sorry bout that...
And anyway... can you solve it? Because i have it up to date already.