Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

creative sound blaster audigy

• Please log in to reply

Jusazn

Jusazn

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Ok My mic doesn't work right? so I ended up getting a Sound Card from the store a creative sound blaster audigy 2... or 3... one of those. I turn of my computer and then put in the sound card. Installed the update. Then! I was excited because probably if i had a sound card, my mic would work. now i have two problems. Sound doesn't work, and mic doesnt work... someone help me out

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Did you remove the old sound card or is it a fixed sound-chip on the motherboard?
If the latter (fixed on motherboard) you need to disable it in the BIOS settings to stop Windows loading it's driver.
Unless you do this, the old and new driver will conflict with each other, hence new card won't work.

To get into the BIOS settings you normally hold down the 'Delete' key as soon as you switch on, until a blue screen appears.
Then look for the entry for 'on board sound' or 'integrated audio' or "AC'97 Audio" and set it to 'Disabled'.
Save the changes and exit.

Edited by pip22, 08 August 2007 - 01:11 PM.

Jusazn

Jusazn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Oh! Thanks Alot... i didn't know that... :help: :whistling: :blink: