Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Urgent Problem, PC Restarting?

• Please log in to reply

Lykathea

Lykathea

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
Everytime I turn on the PC, It's either just before I log in, (I on the log-in screen) or as soon as I log in, the monitor displays weird colours and the screen goes black and then says "No Video Input" and it forces me to restart. I just restarted and it's turned off my AVG, the Anti-Virus and Resident shield. I've downloaded the latest drivers for my graphics card and have no idea how to turn back on my AVG, please help?

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Is AVG not listed under your Programs or a shortcut Icon on your Desktop/Quick Launch bar? Do you normally run two anti-virus programs? One should be set to run and the other used occasionally for a scan to catch what the other doesn't.

Click on the AVG Free Control Center Icon and check that all modules are up and running. Run an update if necessary. You should have Options/Preferences set to update automatically and have scheduled scans listed.

Ron

Lykathea

Lykathea

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
I restarted and AVG is working fine now, now it's just the weird colour and restarting problem.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
You said you downloaded the latest driver for the graphics care. I hope that includes it being properly installed as this wasn't mentioned. Please give some specs on your PC and how old it is. Can you try another known good video cable and monitor to see if the problem still occurs when you turn on PC to boot up?

Ron

Lykathea

Lykathea

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
How would I be able to check if Installed them properly? I attached an image to the post showing some of my PC specs. My monitor is a Philips 170B2, my Graphics Card is a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900XT, and the driver version is "2004Y8M16D". I also don't have any other monitors etc to test with.

http://sixpop.com/im...le/96081233.bmp

Edited by Lykathea, 08 August 2007 - 07:00 AM.