Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Autocad Installation Error

• Please log in to reply

geekako

geekako

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
I am trying to install autocad 2006 in my vista ultimate pc but it shows an error 1606? what is this error and how do i fix it?

Untitled1.jpg

i just recently reformatted my PC. in my old os installation, autocad was installed and worked fine but after i reformatted it, the installer wont run? is this an OS problem?

thanks for your help in advance.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
where did you get the media that you're installing with?

geekako

geekako

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
i bought it. but it worked the first time.

i found some similar problems but the fix doesnt solve it. (i really didnt understand the fix). heres a link.

http://usa.autodesk....;linkID=9240617

what i did is checked if the directories exists. they did. and it says that that should be ok.

BibhutiArchi

BibhutiArchi

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I think I found the solution.................make the current user account as standard user..............then create a new user with administrative privilege..............then login to the new administrative account...........try installing again.............I think it is going to work.
After installation you may find incompatibility issue which may prevent you from starting the application...............right click on autocad icon>go to properties> compatibility >check-run this program in compatibility mode for windows xp(service pack 3) and Run this program as an administrator>go to change setting for all users and check the same options>apply and OK.................then run the program........a popup screen will appear ...............check -Don't show this message again and Run program.
Note:This solution willwork only for AutoCAD 2006 and 2007.
Let me know if this help you