Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I am building a computer for the first time

• Please log in to reply

Lord Omega

Lord Omega

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Here you go:

Mobo
Processor
RAM
PSU
Hard Drive x2 (and eventually x4)
Case fan x3 (1 for my heatsink the others for my case)
Heat sink
GPU

Advertisements

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
Hello and Welcome to G2G!!!

That build looks good except for the Mobo. If you are going to be overclocking I would suggest a better Mobo. Possibly a better brand. I have never heard of biostar. Those case fans are very expensive, I would go for some other cheap ones. I'm guessing you already have a case, or did you just forget :whistling:.

Soorena

EDIT: Nice this is my 500th post!! By the way can you tell us your price so maybe we can dig around and maybe find something better.

Double Edit: I think THIS would be a better Mobo or even THIS one.

Edited by SOORENA, 08 August 2007 - 11:13 AM.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Those fans, move ALOT of air I'll give you that, but come at the price of being very loud, I have to agree with SOORENA, you can find case fans for as little as 4$ each.
I'd recommend getting 1 hard drive instead of 2, unless you are planning on mirror on drive onto the other.
James

Lord Omega

Lord Omega

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
delete post please

Edited by Lord Omega, 08 August 2007 - 11:03 PM.

Lord Omega

Lord Omega

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Those fans, move ALOT of air I'll give you that, but come at the price of being very loud, I have to agree with SOORENA, you can find case fans for as little as 4$ each.
I'd recommend getting 1 hard drive instead of 2, unless you are planning on mirror on drive onto the other.
James

K..... I am planning on using that drive as a backup
also, I don't care about sound. I want it to be cool. I have had cheap fans go out before, so I went with these

Edited by Lord Omega, 08 August 2007 - 11:05 PM.

Lord Omega

Lord Omega

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Hello and Welcome to G2G!!!

That build looks good except for the Mobo. If you are going to be overclocking I would suggest a better Mobo. Possibly a better brand. I have never heard of biostar. Those case fans are very expensive, I would go for some other cheap ones. I'm guessing you already have a case, or did you just forget :whistling:.

Soorena

EDIT: Nice this is my 500th post!! By the way can you tell us your price so maybe we can dig around and maybe find something better.

Double Edit: I think THIS would be a better Mobo or even THIS one.

ME LIKE!!! @_@

Case

Edited by Lord Omega, 08 August 2007 - 11:07 PM.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
I think this is a better design, you won't need to worry about additional fans if you buy this case. While I cannot say anything about the other case you mentioned the one I'm recommending below is the case my computer runs in, I'm very satisfied with my results.
http://www.newegg.co.....Tpk=wntec+900
James

Lord Omega

Lord Omega

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

I think this is a better design, you won't need to worry about additional fans if you buy this case. While I cannot say anything about the other case you mentioned the one I'm recommending below is the case my computer runs in, I'm very satisfied with my results.
http://www.newegg.co.....Tpk=wntec+900
James

Ur point.....? tell me if my heatsink (with fan) and motherboard will fit in there.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
It will, which is why I suggested it. :whistling: This way you won't need to buy any additional fans as well.
James

Edited by james_8970, 09 August 2007 - 08:57 AM.

Lord Omega

Lord Omega

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

It will, which is why I suggested it. :whistling: This way you won't need to buy any additional fans as well.
James

>_> THANKS!!!!