Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

xp crashed-using safemode

• Please log in to reply

bethany r.

bethany r.

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
i got a bsod message because of mpfp.sys. i finally got safemode to work once and only got to open ccleaner. in my add/remove programs it came up with some i don't know if they are good or bad. they are:

aiosoftwarenpi
bho
bufferchm
cp_package_variety 1-3
docproc
market research
newcopy_cda
productcontextnpi
toolbox
webfldrsxp

also had some like scan, scannercopy, readme

there was a startup file too: ojqzhdia

if you can help, thanks very much. i dont know if i should delete them, not knowing what they are.

Advertisements

bethany r.

bethany r.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Im also trying to figure out how to fix my error due to mpfp.sys, so i can get to windows through normal mode. I can only access windows through safe mode.

stop message 0x00000050 (0x829307b8, 0x00000000, 0xf40c7743, 0x00000000)

mpfp.sys address f40c7743 f40b8000

Please Help!!

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
We want to run the offline crash diagnostics to get a quick snapshot at what could possibly be the problem with you getting Blue screen error messages.

First we want to download the offline crash diagnostic. You can obtain that here
Now we want to Run the Offline Crash Diagnostic tool
After you save the WindowsXP-KB923800-ENU.exe file, follow these steps:
1. Double-click the WindowsXP-KB923800-ENU.exe file to install the Offline Crash Diagnostic tool.
The installer adds the Offline Crash Diagnostic tool files to the %Windir%\Pchealth\Helpctr\Binaries folder.
2. Click Start, click Run, type [i]ocadiagnostic.exe[/i] ,and then click OK to run the Offline Crash Diagnostic tool.
3. Agree to let the tool send information to Microsoft. Then, click Next.
The tool performs the following tasks: • The tool determines the number of dump files on the computer.
• The tool finds any dump files that are located in the %Windir%\Minidump folder. You can choose to send all the dump files, or you can choose to send individual dump files.
Note The last 10 dump files to be created are collected. Dump files are not collected if they are more than one year old.
• The tool automatically sends the dump files to the Office Crash Diagnostic Microsoft database Web site for analysis.
• The tool downloads the response URLs.
• The tool displays the response IDs. The tool also provides hyperlinks to the Office Crash Diagnostic Web site.

Go ahead and report back the Responce IDS with your next post.

bethany r.

bethany r.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
1. Crash on 08/08/2007 at 16:23:11 Hrs.
Web Reponse ID:10.

File name C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini080807-01.dmp
Created on 2007-08-08T16:23:11
Solution Found 0
Submitted on 2007-08-08T16:34:05
Bucket ID 0x7E_Nhv10+ae1a
Solution URL http://oca.microsoft...dir.aspx?sid=10

Problem caused by Device Driver

You received this message because a device driver installed on your computer caused the Windows operating system to stop unexpectedly. This type of error is referred to as a "stop error." A stop error requires you to restart your computer.

More information

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem report summary

Problem type
Windows stop error (a message appears on a blue screen with error code information)

Solution available?
No

What does this problem mean?
Windows has encountered a problem it cannot recover from and it needs to be restarted

Cause
Unknown

Computer symptoms
A message appears on a blue screen with error code information (for example: 0x0000001E, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED)

Additional steps for you to take
Please continue to send problem reports so analysts at Microsoft can study and try to correct the problem as quickly as possible

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Was that the only responce ID that you got?

bethany r.

bethany r.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
yes, it wouldn't load yesterdays, when i first got the stop messages. I have recieved 3 different messages. This was my original message

page_fault_in_nonpaged_area error due to mpfp.sys
stop message 0x00000050 (0x829307b8, 0x00000000, 0xf40c7743, 0x00000000)

mpfp.sys address f40c7743 f40b8000

I can only get onto safe mode, would that make a difference from being on normal mode?

Edited by bethany r., 08 August 2007 - 05:59 PM.

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Have you installed any new hardware or software recently?

bethany r.

bethany r.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
just mcafee virus scan plus, i was thinking maybe that was the problem.

I added hijackthis log today and can post its log?? Dont know if that would help

Edited by bethany r., 08 August 2007 - 06:24 PM.

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
No need to post a HJT log.

Upon installing mcafee did you start getting these error messages. Or did you get these error messages before installing mcafee.

bethany r.

bethany r.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
I got them a day and a half after installing mcafee. It started last night after I ran a disk clean up with ccleaner. Then I ran mcafee virus scan, and left the room. I came back an hour later to my computer, and it had freezed up on the screensaver. I then restarted the computer, and thats when i got the first error message. It loaded windows xp, i clicked on our name, the desktop came up, and was loading the start up programs when it blinked and came to the bsod message.

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
I belive CCleaner has a report that tells you the changes it made would you mind posting it. I would like to see what changes it made to your system.

bethany r.

bethany r.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
where would that be? My husband downloaded that program.

My husband runs the program and I don't know if he ever chose yes to backup the registry

Edited by bethany r., 08 August 2007 - 07:15 PM.

bethany r.

bethany r.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
I just tried opening mcafee and it wouldn't open, should i try uninstalling it and installing it again? :whistling:

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
I will need to do some research in regards to this issue I will get back to this tonight.

bethany r.

bethany r.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
thank you for all your help