Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

DVD/CD Drive Error: please help

• Please log in to reply

Larsia

Larsia

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Toshiba Satellite A135-S4527 with a Matshita DVD/CD drive. The OS is Windows Vista Home Premium. The computer is less than 6 months old.

The problem is that my computer is no longer recognizing my DVD/CD drive. I do not believe that the drive itself is broken since when I put in a CD or DVD the light flashes on the drive and you can hear it warming up but the computer does not recognize the drive is there much less that there is something in it. When I open the Device Manager it gives me the following error for the drive:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

I've tried uninstalling the driver and using the check for solutions button in the properties. Can someone please me something I can do to return the drive to proper working order?

Drive specs:

Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-850S ATA Device
Device type: DVD/CD-ROM drives
Manufacturer: (Standard CD-ROM drives)

Advertisements