Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

comp. freezing and rebooting alot

• Please log in to reply

Adora_Pride

Adora_Pride

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I have had this problem for awhile, have already tried a reformate which didnt help.
I have made sure all devises are updated and running. I have done reg. cleaners, checked for and found no spyware maleware trojans or virus. I have read so many postings here I am going blind lol.
I have installed and run the speedfan program, unsure what i am looking at on that tho.
I have checked and removed all dust etc. in inside the case.

I sometimes get the blue screen which can read PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA or the lastest Win32K,sys BF801530 Base at BF8000000 I dont have a clue

I have turned off the auto update as that seems to always freeze before it can finish.

pages freezes at any time, but always when trying to play even a simple game online.

sometimes my comp. will reboot just once while other times it will reboot (seems like forever) multi times.

I do not know much about comps. but I have been trying to follow the suggests i found on other posts, just not always sure what i am looking at, or even where i am to look or even what i am looking for.

Im ready to throw it out the window, please can i get some help.

Windows: Windows XP5.1 (Build 2600) Service Pack 2
Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180
Memory (RAM): 1024 MB
CPU: AMD Athlon™ XP 2200+
CPU Speed: 1749.9 MHz
Sound card: Vinyl AC'97 Audio (WAVE)
Display Adapters: RADEON 9500 | RADEON 9500 - Secondary | NetMeeting driver | RDPDD Chained DD
Screen Resolution: 1024 X 768 - 32 bit
:
Network Adapters: Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC - Packet Scheduler Miniport
CD / DVD Drives: D: HP DVD Writer 840b | E: SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-240B
:
COM Ports: COM3 | COM1
LPT Ports: LPT1
Mouse: 5 Button Wheel Mouse Present
Hard Disks: C: 93.2GB
Hard Disks - Free: C: 86.9GB
USB Controllers: 4 host controllers.
Firewire (1394): 1 host controllers.
:
Manufacturer: Phoenix Technologies, LTD
Product Make: L7VMM2
:
AC Power Status: OnLine
BIOS Info: ATAT COMPATIBLE 090302 KM266 42302e31
Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time
Battery: No Battery
Motherboard: KM266-8235
Modem: 56Kbps Internal Modem

I am not sure how to copy the results for the speedfan program. but here is the information
Win9x:NO 64Bit:NO GiveIO:YES SpeedFan:YES
I/O properly initialized
Linked ISA BUS at $0290
Linked VIA VT8235 SMBUS at $5000
Scanning ISA BUS at $0290...
check 1
IT8712F/IT8705F found on ISA at $290
SuperIO Chip=IT8705F
Scanning VIA SMBus at $5000...
SMART Enabled for drive 0
Found WDC WD1000JB-00CRA1 (100.0GB)
Found ACPI temperature (40.0C)
End of detection

fan1: 4821 RPM
temp1 49C
temp2 68C
temp3 -55C
temp1 40C

Vcore1 1.65V
Vcore2 2.48V
+3.3V 3.20
+5V 4.73V
+12V 12.80V
-12V -12.53V
-5V 3.54V
+5V 6.85V
Vbat 3.06V

hope this helps, thank you in advance.

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
We want to run the offline crash diagnostics to get a quick snapshot at what could possibly be the problem with you getting Blue screen error messages.

First we want to download the offline crash diagnostic. You can obtain that here
Now we want to Run the Offline Crash Diagnostic tool
After you save the WindowsXP-KB923800-ENU.exe file, follow these steps:
1. Double-click the WindowsXP-KB923800-ENU.exe file to install the Offline Crash Diagnostic tool.
The installer adds the Offline Crash Diagnostic tool files to the %Windir%\Pchealth\Helpctr\Binaries folder.
2. Click Start, click Run, type [i]ocadiagnostic.exe[/i] ,and then click OK to run the Offline Crash Diagnostic tool.
3. Agree to let the tool send information to Microsoft. Then, click Next.
The tool performs the following tasks: • The tool determines the number of dump files on the computer.
• The tool finds any dump files that are located in the %Windir%\Minidump folder. You can choose to send all the dump files, or you can choose to send individual dump files.
Note The last 10 dump files to be created are collected. Dump files are not collected if they are more than one year old.
• The tool automatically sends the dump files to the Office Crash Diagnostic Microsoft database Web site for analysis.
• The tool downloads the response URLs.
• The tool displays the response IDs. The tool also provides hyperlinks to the Office Crash Diagnostic Web site.

Go ahead and report back the Responce IDS with your next post.

Adora_Pride

Adora_Pride

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
its saying i dont have a valid copy of windows xp, so it wont let me download that program.

Is there anything else i can try ?

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Where did you get your Copy of Windows?

Adora_Pride

Adora_Pride

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
A friend gave me a copy of His as mine got damaged in my last move.

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Did you use his cd Key?

The only thing we can do in this case is basicly say call microsoft.

Adora_Pride

Adora_Pride

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
thank you for your help.
I think i have it figured out.

The other day it was much cooler outside and thus inside, the comp did not have as much trouble so to test this idea, i moved a box fan to blow into the tower (with the side removed) and well no problems thus far. So i will be looking into adding/replacing the internal fan to keep it cool.

This is a great site and again i thank you for your help and also for everything i have read on other posts. I will continue to check posts and learn more about useing/working my comp.

all the best for All in all that comes there way and overcoming the callenges of life with the good help of friends and family.

Adora