Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dual lan connectins

• Please log in to reply

lop0150

lop0150

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I recently reformatted my hard drive and have a dual nic integrated on the motherboard but ony one icon shows up.

Mother board is a Chaintec
not sure of the model #
I think it is a Chaintec zenith

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
If only one is connected, then only one will show up. Sometimes even if both are connected it might only show one if that's the settings that are on this computer. Try going to Start > Network Connections (or Settings > Network Connections), and right-click on the connection that is not showing. Select properties. Down the bottom there should be some checkboxes for the following:

1) Show icon in notification area when connected; and
2) Notify me when this connection has limited or no connectivity.

Make sure both of these are ticked and you should be able to see two icons in the taskbar notification tray. :whistling:

lop0150

lop0150

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
No I literally mean there is no icon and i have found that the driver is missing so that is my problem. also the problem is i don't know the model number (Because my brother has the box and all the info). so I'm having trouble finding the right driver.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Alright then, try downloading Everest Home and running it. Once in, select the "Report" button (up the top), then when the wizard comes up, select Next, System Summary Only, Plain Text, Finish. A new page will replace the wizard, save it to file (on your desktop). Then copy/paste the text into your next reply.

lop0150

lop0150

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I got it thanks my network port is back.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Good work! Thanks for letting us know. :whistling: