Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Port Forwarding , Router problems

• Please log in to reply

seattle2005er

seattle2005er

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
Recently I got a cable modem. Anyways we need to use the netgear router we have so that my computer, the computer in the other room and the ps2 can get internet connection. We hooked it up and everything is fine but I learned recently, while downloading in a torrent, I need to open up ports and stuff like that, well I know how to do this, I did all of this, static ip..forwarded the ports, did all the stuff in the router site, and things would be good, but then there would be problems on the ps2 sometimes it would disconnect, and problems with ym computer too, randomly disconnecting on and off. Its really complicated and I just dont know what to do anymore, please help. Thank you

Advertisements

LiaoGoren

LiaoGoren

• PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
Hum are you loseing connection on every computer and ps2 at same time? Like the router turns off? What do you do to get it all back on?

seattle2005er

seattle2005er

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
no not at the same time. Just like randomly shuts off. Not the router, cause sometimes itll just be the ps2 , and sometimes itll be my connection on the computer.

LiaoGoren

LiaoGoren

• PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
Oh ok, I am sorry. I though it was something else. I am unable to help you, however I look foward to learning how to fix this from one of the networking experts. Again I'm sorry I am unable to help you.

seattle2005er

seattle2005er

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
oh, well tahnks anyways. I dont know maybe I just did everything wrong and dont know how to setup the ports . No idea.