Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help with overclocking

• Please log in to reply

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
The CD does not work. I think it does not like Vista.

PS: I know a program can tell the temp. because in the BIOS I can get the temp.

Edited by jackflash1991, 09 August 2007 - 08:39 PM.

Advertisements

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
Do you know of any other programs and just list them? I know it is possible it is just the programs I have tried don't like Vista or just are not compatible.

Attached Thumbnails

• noname.jpg

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Not compatible with your proc and/or motherboard as I'm currently running vista.
71*C as idle temps are way to high to consider overclocking, your going to have to take a look at cooling and airflow inside of your case.
Try this program, whatever it says add 4*C, according to the differences on my CPU.
http://www.thecooles...s.com/CoreTemp/
James

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
Downloaded it and says: "This is not an Intel Core Processor. This program will not continue." This is hopeless. I found one program called Hardware sensors monitor 4.3 that seems to work but I think it is a trial for like 15 days I think. I have a shot of it.

PS: That screen shot, from the BIOS, was taken right after I was running that PRIME95 program.

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled.jpg

Edited by jackflash1991, 09 August 2007 - 11:49 PM.

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
OK, I realized that I had 3 of my fans running at like 1/5 the speed they are working at now. They were plugged into the fan only sockets on my PSU. This was making the fans run at the lowest setting to keep the just the thermometer in the PSU cool. I hooked them all up to regular connections and now it is pumping in like 5 times more air!

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
I posted a while ago, but it seems like it never went through. Been having internet problems lately with my ISP (bad storm). Anywho, try this program.
http://www.thecooles...s.com/CoreTemp/
James

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
I suggest trying SysTool which is free. I automatically detects your Mobo and everything, IF its in their database. Its good for overclocking. Also try ClockGen, which is also free. I am sorry if I'm repeating something I didn't have time to read the whole post.

Soorena

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Till you understand how to overclock in BIOS, I don't recommend anyone overclock. You need to be able to grasp the concept before you jump onto using programs.
James

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Downloaded it and says: "This is not an Intel Core Processor. This program will not continue." This is hopeless. I found one program called Hardware sensors monitor 4.3 that seems to work but I think it is a trial for like 15 days I think. I have a shot of it.

PS: That screen shot, from the BIOS, was taken right after I was running that PRIME95 program.

As said before. the Core Temp does not work but I found a program that does work that is called "Hardware sensors monitor 4.3". Is Hardware sensors monitor ok for me to use?

The SysTool does not support my board, but thanks though Soorena.

Edited by jackflash1991, 12 August 2007 - 03:31 PM.