Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wireless/internet connection problem

• Please log in to reply

cityboy17

cityboy17

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i,m not sure how to explain this problem but, it seen every time i turn on my xbox 360 and connect to xbox live wireless, i check on my computer, i get an error saying, IP address conflict with another system. then i,am unable to connect to the internet on my computer. its seen only wireless devices can connect, my psp like (which is my 2wire Dsl modem).

another problem i,am having is that i can't seen to get into my default internet brower (AT&T Yahoo). every time i try to sign in, i get a messages saying, "Sorry, the attempt to sign in failed". but i,m able to get into firefox which i,m using right now. i haven't try internet explore yet. i have search the forum for problem, so far no luck. please help :whistling:

Advertisements

Gentoolink

Gentoolink

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hello,

i,m not sure how to explain this problem but, it seen every time i turn on my xbox 360 and connect to xbox live wireless, i check on my computer, i get an error saying, IP address conflict with another system. then i,am unable to connect to the internet on my computer. its seen only wireless devices can connect, my psp like (which is my 2wire Dsl modem).

Your first problem sounds like an IP address conflict. An IP address conflict happens when two computers or wireless devices on the same network have the same IP address. All IP addresses on a network need to be unique. That is why your pc and your xbox would not connect. Read this Microsoft KB article to solve your Xbox problem.

another problem i,am having is that i can't seen to get into my default internet brower (AT&T Yahoo). every time i try to sign in, i get a messages saying, "Sorry, the attempt to sign in failed". but i,m able to get into firefox which i,m using right now. i haven't try internet explore yet. i have search the forum for problem, so far no luck. please help

Please read the KB article, follow the instructions, then see if you are able to sign in to Yahoo.

cityboy17

cityboy17

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thank you, that solve the IP problem, but i,m still having trouble signing in at&t yahoo. it still say the same thing.

Gentoolink

Gentoolink

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Please post this question in the Web Browsers Forum.