Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Battlefield 2142

• Please log in to reply

andy90

andy90

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi!, i got a new comp, its has 1gig ram, 320 gig storage space, geforce 8600gt......and VISTA home 32-bit edition
I also recently bought bf2142, as i am a massive bf fan :whistling:

anyway....

i installed battlefield 2142, and loaded up the game and every thing was sweet until i entered in my account and the'contacting EA Master Server' comes up........but stays like that for about 5 minutes until it says connection can not be detected.

This was the same for my other games; cod2 multiplayer and bfv, but when i ran these games in xp compatibility mode the connetion was established and servers appeared.

Therefore, i tried this for bf2142, but all that comes up is a "Plz insert the Bf2142 DVD" (which is already in the DVD drive)

................................... I also am using Zone Alarm Firewall and Bitdefender PRO, but when i turned these off it made not difference

my internet is ADSL ethernet

thanks.........

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
right click on the game shortcut and select "run as administrator".

Also, you should update your punkbuster. You will need to do the same for pbsetup when you run it (as admin).

http://evenbalance.c...age=pbsetup.php

also, go into control panel, security center and see what the firewall settings are. Since your using zone alarm, the windows firewall should be disabled (set to 3rd party managed or something like that). Your games and punkbuster should be allowed/unblocked.

andy90

andy90

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
hay starjax, i did what u told me and ran it as admin;

heres what happened

the battlefield 2142 splashscreen comes up and get ready to launch but once it disappears an error windows comes up and says "BF2142.exe has stopped working.....looking for solution"

???? it still works fine without running it as admin though

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
disable your firewall and try again.

andy90

andy90

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts