Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

HELP!COMPUTER DOESNT WORK

• Please log in to reply

ebyn3m

ebyn3m

• Pip
  • 4 posts
One day i started my computer so i could write a dvd,it entered windows but shortly after a blue screen with some numebrs appeared and the pc restarted but all i got was a black screen and the monitors light blinking as if it was in standby.I tried several times but nothing.I thought it was from the processor but i tested it somewhere else and it worked and when i took the motherboard out i saw that a circuit was broken.Anyway today i get my new motherboard but it still doesn't work,i still get the same black screen,and on the abit post code display the code 0.6 appears and if i turn off the pc the code 6.6 appears.PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Edited by ebyn3m, 09 August 2007 - 09:24 AM.

Advertisements

ebyn3m

ebyn3m

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
i think i was looking at it wrong, i think the post control displays 9.0 when i turn the pc on and 9.9 when i turn it off witch i think is normal.But it still doesn't boot up....please help

w0lverine

w0lverine

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
what probably happened is there is a bad stick of memory in your computer. try taking one out and see if the computer boots. if it does not boot, replace the memory, and remove the other. if the computer still does not boot, then it may or may not be both pieces of memory. first off, disconnect the hard drive and your cd-rom drive from the motherboard so that those are ruled out of the picture. as well as any other card besides your video card if you have any on the mobo. that brings the possibilities down to mobo and memory, since you had the CPU tested in another computer. and seeing as you bought a new mobo, its a little unlikely that it is the motherboard. so, now you basically just have memory. and possibly a failing power supply. smell your power supply, and if it smells a little like burning rubber, i suggest you get a new one. or you can get a psu tester and see if it is still putting out proper wattage. other than that, it is probably the memory.

let me know if you find anything out.

ebyn3m

ebyn3m

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I tried to start it with only one memory stick but nothing,then i tried with another stick of memory from another computer but nothing.I tried with another power supply but still nothing.Disconnected everything and still nothing.I even tried to start it with only the motherboard in,without the processor,video card,hard drive and memory but it did the same thing and there was no beeping coming out of the motherboard to indicate that something isn't right....

ebyn3m

ebyn3m

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
i fixed it, a mounting hole was the problem,thanx

w0lverine

w0lverine

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
good to hear. glad it wasn't worse. =)