Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Establishing a WEB PAGE?

• Please log in to reply

norms corner

norms corner

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
I have a blog that I wanted to get out into the world but after many months of trying, I have not had any results.. The blog is with google and supposedly is into the WWW but no comments so what I am doing is writing to MYSELF. I am NOT after fame but I have had considerable experience and have not been wrong in any of my predictions, i.e. immigration.... infrastructure in the USA.... Education downfall, etc. What I want is to get a blog out and be able to get comments(good or bad) back.... lots of feed back. I wondered if somehow establishing a WEBSITE would do the trick? If so, do I pay (by the year) to have a website or is it free, etc. Any assistance/comments would be appreciated.

Advertisements

englandvillages

englandvillages

• Pip
  • 6 posts
You might check out VodaHost, type that into google. Their customer service is hopeless if you do run into problems, but they are a huge and generally reliable source of providing websites at low cost. Their wizards will walk you through every step of the process for absolutely anything that you might need to put on your site, including a blog etc. Their forum (very large) can be helpful too.

I have two websites currently running through them, one a small niche market photography business and the other a huge community portal, currently up to 1800 pages plus and growing, (eventually 8000 pages approximately). Their prices are most reasonable, the only thing lacking as I said, from my experience only, is their customer service people could do with a kick up the posterior.

If you do need someone to design you a website, can I recommend a lady there on the forum, going by the sign in name of 'Amadee', she's quick, she listens well to your needs and requirements and is inexpensive, however she will deliver high quality work.

The name of their website building software is BlueVoda.

Type BlueVoda VodaHost into google.

I hope this helps you somewhat.

Best regards.

Mark