Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Conflicts with AV Programs

• Please log in to reply

flash273

flash273

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I wanted to know if my existing configuration is conflicting.

Right now I have AVG Anti-Spyware as well as the AVG Free Addition. They both are different types of protection software, but I just want to make sure.

I am currently installing Comodo Firewall after briefly searching the forums... =)

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
I always like to see more than one opinion on topics like this, but as far as I know, your configuration is just fine. You've covered three bases, Sypware, Virus, and firewall. Sounds good to me :whistling:

flash273

flash273

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Okay, excellent, thanks for your opinion! I was thinking since they both have "active" scanners that they might conflict. But they are both made from AVG for different things... :whistling:

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Right. If you have two active scanners which do the same thing, then they would conflict. For example, if you run AVG Free with McAfee, there will likely be issues. Because these programs do different things, I don't see an issue.