Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan w32 looksky

• Please log in to reply

Sean824

Sean824

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I woke up this morning with a bunch of pop ups saying you could be infected with Trojan w32 looksky and my background changed to a red background with a bio-hazard sign. Also the pop ups would take me to a link to download some Spyware product but i didnt want to trust those sites.
I ran a McAfee virus scan and it found nothing.

I would like any help that i could get, Thanks for any i do get.

Advertisements

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
Hi Sean824 and welcome to the Geeks to Go Forums.

My name is Trevuren and I will be helping you with your problem.

Download HijackThis from Here .
  • Choose the default location of C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis as the destination. HJT needs to be in its own folder so that the program itself isn't deleted by accident. Having the backups could be VITAL to restoring your system if something went wrong in the FIX process!
  • Click the Install button.
  • Accept the license agreement .
  • Click Do a system scan and save a log file. A Notepad file will open.
  • Select all the text by hitting the [Ctrl+A] keys, then copy your selection to the clipboard by pressing the [Ctrl+C] keys.
  • Paste the log into this thread by hitting the [Ctrl+V] keys.
  • when you click Save Log) (Ctrl-A to'select all', Ctrl-C to 'copy')
  • POST the log into this thread using 'Add Reply' (Ctrl-V to 'paste')

DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES OR CLICK "FIX CHECKED" UNTIL WE CHECK THE LOG, AS MOST OF THE FILES ARE LEGIT AND VITAL TO THE FUNCTION OF YOUR COMPUTER