Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Having problems with the new Yahoo Messenger...

• Please log in to reply

Matt L

Matt L

• PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
The newest Yahoo Messenger version is Yahoo Messenger 8.1.0.402 (10 MB). However, that version NEVER works for my computer. My computer is a Windows Vista Home Premium, but I don't think my OS has anything to do with it because if I try to download the Yahoo Messenger 8.0.0.506 (10 MB) version of it from OldVersion.com, it works for me. The problem's just that it won't let me sign on. It's always on the "signing in as libidesigns" and then after around five minutes it goes back to the part where you have to enter your username and password.

Does anyone know why this is happening? If I have to, I wouldn't have much problem with just keeping put with the 8.0.0 version. However, every time I sign on, I get those annoying "INSTALL THE UPGRADE" windows, and I'd like to avoid those situations.

Anyways, thanks for anyone willing to help me.

Advertisements

Matt L

Matt L

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
I just re-booted and checked, and now the version I thought that would work with my computer isn't working now. It's the same problem again. Still stuck on the "signing in as libidesigns" screen. I noted that the version I thought would work with my computer doesn't work, and that I'm wrong lol.

I'd appreciate ANY kind of guidance here. I really have to talk to somebody tomorrow morning. I know there's always that online Yahoo, but I hate that place. Please help me!

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This sounds more like a problem with your Yahoo account (or the Yahoo service) rather than any Messenger problem. It basically seems like it cannot connect to the Messenger services.

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi MLibid,

I got away from those "Update Now" messages by blocking the Yahoo auto updater with me firewall. That might work for you too.

♥ Wendy