Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant access one site

• Please log in to reply

Dazfeeder

Dazfeeder

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi have been recently having problems with www.evo-web.co.uk, it stopped working about 3 weeks ago for no reason, I have tried clearing mu cache folder,temp internet files. i have looked in the host file in system 32 but the site is not there. i have tried pinging the site and i got a reply so its getting through, I have also tried using the site ip address but it didnt work so i know its not a dns error.

I am on a Netgear MA111 router at home with 2 other pc's and none of them can access the site, i havent been banned cus i can go on it at work and log in.

Can anyone please help, thanks

Advertisements

zywex

zywex

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
Typically its a browser setting gone nuts for this kind of stuff (espically if you have winXP service pack 2). I'd start off by going through your browser settings...

(while in a browser window)
go to tools at the top -> internet options -> security

go through the internet/ local intranet/ trusted sites/ restricted sites and put the settings at their default levels (theres a button for it)

go to the privacy tab and take the settings here down a notch (you can change this back up later on)

go to the advanced tab and restore the defaults here as well (theres a button for it)

if that doesnt work, try disabling anyfirewalls you might have running

and if these work or not i would suggest to get some antispyware (theres some downoad links on the site here) if you dont have any already

besides that stuff...i guess well see

Dazfeeder

Dazfeeder

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Done all that m8, Its still doesnt work, I have spybot, adaware se, and registry mechanic installed as well.

zywex

zywex

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
hmm...quite odd

you dont have your router firewall inadvertanily turned on do you?

Dazfeeder

Dazfeeder

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
no m8 its turned off

zywex

zywex

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
ill see if i can get back to you on this one...lol

sheesh :tazz:

Dazfeeder

Dazfeeder

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
ok mate thanks for your help

Guest_Leeana_*

Guest_Leeana_*
Came across this and were you able to find a solution?