Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Removing Mcafee

• Please log in to reply

fsb123

fsb123

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I see there is a how to remove Norton/Symantec. I have Mcafee Virus Scan and Security Suite loaded when I bought my PC last year and I want to safely remove it. I noticed that the software does not have an uninstall function. Is there any instructions on how to remove this software from my system. I went to their website and it was no help. I read in some article that Mcafee is one of the stubborn programs to remove from your PC . Appreciate any advice. :whistling:

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
If there isn't an uninstall on the Start Menu, there should be one in Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs. Always use this first if its available.

But having said that...
http://ts.mcafeehelp...tegoryId=107187 might be of interest.

fsb123

fsb123

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
:whistling: Thanks for giving me the link to the McAfee removal tool. It worked to get rid of all the McAfee products from my system. I did try the "add /remove" programs from the control panel but it did not identify any McAfee applications to remove.. as if the software was "hidden" from Windows... the removal tool however did the trick. Thanks again!