Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keeps shutting down

• Please log in to reply

kzov

kzov

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I built a new sysyem yesterday and got it assembled and everyhing loaded up and working fun unitl it shut itself off automaticly. I cant for the life of me figure out why its doing it but it defintly is. I can keep it held on bios for as long as I want but as soon as it starts loading windows it just turns off. Occasionly I can get windows to start in its "Last known good configuration" and it'll load up fine and I'll be cruising and BAM! Its off.

I formatted the C: drive and was able to install Windows 2k and that went fine until I upgraded to XP. It goes all the way through its deal until it gets to its "Installing Windows" phase and the computer just shuts itself off.

My specs are:

DFI Lan Party UT NF590
2gb ram
Nvidia GeForce 7900 GS PCIE 256mb
Athlon 64 X2 6000+
600 watt psu

Also, I have gotten this error code a couple of times : 0x0000007E

Advertisements