Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook locking up

• Please log in to reply

Canadian_guy

Canadian_guy

• Pip
  • 3 posts
My Outlook 2000 is getting worse every day. Now I can't even check my email without doing it through the Internet. :mad:
I have tried /resetfolders and opening in /safe mode but it still locks up. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it but still having the same problems.
Any ideas?? :tazz:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you run Office update

Canadian_guy

Canadian_guy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Not recently - as in the past 3 or 4 months. Why, has this problem been addressed there or are you thinking let's cover the bases first?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Invariably, knowledge base articles suggest the latest updates, best to check with those, you could get lucky, if it is not solved then at least other things can be looked at.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Found one which does not mention updates.

Outlook

Canadian_guy

Canadian_guy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I got lucky!

Thanks for your info BUT I read in another site that it could be a damaged PST file so I renamed it with an ' old ' extension so I could retrieve it if necessary and then imported a backup PST file from March and presto!

Thanks very much for your input but I think we can call this one 'resolved' :tazz: