Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help on api call SHBrowseForFOlder

• Please log in to reply

FayB

FayB

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I got some sample code and was able to put that code in my program - it calls SHBrowseForFolder and then some other API's to present a dialog box to allow a directorory to be selected. That works. But I have a request to default it to a a given folder. By that I think they mean they want that folder selected when the dialog box is presented. But, they don't want to limit the selection to folders beneath that one. They want to be able to go back up if desired. I think I read that you can set the root folder to be displayed but don't know how do do that either and as I said - I don't think that is what is wanted.

I have not used API's very much and really have no idea how to do this. Is there a way for a folder to be selected when the dialog box is presented? Can someone tell me how.

Oh, and I am trying to do this in Clarion.

Thanks,
Fay

Edited by FayB, 10 August 2007 - 06:52 PM.

Advertisements