Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Give me a good wireless router

• Please log in to reply

Lord Omega

Lord Omega

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
one that isn't more than 200 usd and has really good range (going through several walls) like 500ft at least

Advertisements

Raccoon

Raccoon

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Dude... google.com - "Wireless Router Reviews" - Tada!!

Nobody can just say "Yeah this router...cos..." You need to find out the good and bad things about each one, also remember that routers can be awsome in one persons house, and completely rubbish in the next.

Gentoolink

Gentoolink

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Check out this router. The new wireless 802.11n technology is awesome. I know you wanted something for under $200; but you might have to spend more to get the results you need. Read this article from Linksys to get an idea of what I am talking about when is comes to the performance of the wireless N series of routers. D-link has a less expensive router here.
You can also change the antennas on routers to increase range or make them more directional rather than omni-directional.