Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Put someone in a picture

• Please log in to reply

leedownen123

leedownen123

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
I need a little help "Photoshopping" someone in a picture. I just started using GimpShop (A free alternative to Adobe Photoshop) and I want to put one of my friends in a picture with a celebrity but it doesn't look good. I resized the picture of my friend so it looks in place with the celebrity, but then I try to erase the parts of the old picture around my friend, and the end result is my friend slightly disfigured (things like perfectly squared shoulders and such!). I've seen seen pictures of people Photoshopped in other pictures and they look perfect, and so my question is: How do they cut the object out so nicely and place it in another picture?

Advertisements

ddiddy40

ddiddy40

SPAMMER

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
BUMP!!! Does no one know how to do that?

Edited by ddiddy40, 22 September 2007 - 10:59 AM.

jester620

jester620

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
i noticed this awhile back and i don't know if its what you are wanting to do, but I think it will work. I haven't used it as I tend to use photoshop more than GIMP.

LifeHacker: Quickly Remove Backgrounds with GIMP

Let me know your results, as I have other people asking me to do this for them all the time and i am eager to let them do it themselves. :)

BlackHalo

BlackHalo

• PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
Go to post #14 (My post) here:

http://www.geekstogo...icks-t2025.html

This is for Photoshop, I'm not too sure if Gimp has the same options, but should give you an idea of how to go about it.