Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WIFI Router Stops Unexpectatly

• Please log in to reply

NetKid

NetKid

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Folks,

I bought a ADSL2 WiFi Router 3Com 106 and while it works normally for some time then the ALARM light in the front panel goes ON and needs hardware reset.

I have returned the router and I got a new one (the same) but still the same problem.

It keeps doing this in any non predictable time intervals and it is very annoying...

Any ideas

Thanks

Advertisements

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
Is it secured, couldn't be a neighbour hacking it at all?

NetKid

NetKid

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi SuperSam.

Yes it is secured while in wireless mode.
Also I tried disabling wireless but still the problem remains.

Thanx for your time.

NetKid

NetKid

NetKid

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi SuperSam again.

Regarding hacking, when I am in wireless mode I can receive 7-8 other wireless networks.

Also how can I say if somebody tries to hack my router???? Is there any remedy if this happens?

Thanx again

ViprXX

ViprXX

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
Does the problem happen if you connect to it with an ethernet cable? or is it only with wireless? maybe check the manufactures site for a firmware update or actually if you just connect to the routers web based config utility via internet explorer you can sometimes check and update firmware through there.