Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows media player 11 (Freeze)

• Please log in to reply

Blumic

Blumic

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I hope this topic hasn't already been covered but I didn't see it any where so here goes.

My windows media player on windows xp wont work and I can't figure out why. when I click on the icon it opens up on screen but if I press anything it wont do anything it just seems to freeze up. When I bring up my task manager it says the media player is not responding. I've updated to media player 11 fairly recently and I am not sure if it is the problem. I have heard people with other problems install and uninstall their media player, if that is an answer will it wipe out all of my media files in the process? Please help if you can. :whistling:

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
you can uninstall and reinstall wmp. It will not cause you to loose files.

Blumic

Blumic

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks hope this works!