Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista ultimate 64 - Cant boot or repair

• Please log in to reply

Flhurb

Flhurb

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,
After looking through countless topics i decided to start my own!
I recently built my own computer and all was well, but the other day i plugged an extra hdd in to move some files. When i restarted my comp the bsod appeard with the message page_fault_in_nonpaged_area with the code thing of 0x00000050. i read up on this and it pointed to repairing windows. so i put the dvd in clicked repair and when it gets to the 'searching for windows instalations' the bsod returns with the same error!!!
is there anyway to fix this?
cheers
karl

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
have you disconnected your external drive? That can sometimes mess up drive letter assignments and cause issues.

Also, the 50 error code could also mean a memory problem.

Click this for a guide to using Memtest

Click this to download Memtest

Run it overnight if possible

Flhurb

Flhurb

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
strange thing is, i installed vista on my other hdd, cleared the cmos and now i can run the newly installed vista, but i still get the same error running the normal one .....
any ideas?

Flhurb

Flhurb

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
could i copy the windows folder from the new os to my old one?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
no, I suspect that the boot loader or registry became to corrupted. It maybe even due to a hard drive corruption. That is the only thing that I can think of that could cause the os not to be able to repair itself.