Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Cooling Unit Question

• Please log in to reply

ewby23

ewby23

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I've been having the same problem as another user with my CPU overheating. I've had it taken in to be fixed numerous times and it will be fine for a few days and then it will overheat again. I've been using compressed air in a can to try to make sure that the fans aren't getting caked in dust. I've also made sure the heatsink doesn't have too much thermal glue on it. So now I have two questions:

1. Is there any way to fix this problem without getting a new cooling system?

2. If I have to get a new cooling system, what are some of the better ones out there?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I forgot to mention if I turn off the computer for a little while to let it cool and then turn it back on and go into the BIOS, the temperature starts fine but slowly rises 1C at a time up until it is too hot.

Edited by ewby23, 12 August 2007 - 11:57 AM.

Advertisements

ewby23

ewby23

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
How do I add a picture of my Speedfan screenshot? It says the file is too large:

This is what it reads:

Fan1: 0 RPM Temp1: 28C
Fan2: 3750 RPM Temp2: 33C
Temp: 125C
Temp: 125C
Temp: 64C
HD0: 27C
Core: 37C

The three that only read 'temp' with no numbers all have flames by them, the others have check marks or blue down arrows.